Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- We seek to hire our third attorney to provide counsel to, and have direct involvement with, Evernote’s varied business groups, in the United States and internationally.
- The position is located at the Company’s headquarters in Redwood City, California, and reports to Evernote's General Counsel. Travel may be required.
Requirements and Skills:
- 4-10 years of legal experience working directly with clients, ideally with a combination of in-house experience and work with a law firm with a substantial practice focus on privacy and data protection issues.
- At least four years of substantive experience in Internet-related privacy issues, advising companies in connection with product development and deployment, internal policies and controls and interaction with third parties (vendors, customers, regulators, etc.) is required.
- Additional substantive experience with intellectual property matters, including trademark protection, corporate compliance (Anti-bribery laws, HR and Data Protection) and international operations is preferred, and experience in adversarial roles as a litigator or in-house is desired.
- Admission to the California bar is preferred.
- You can succeed operating independently while contributing to the Legal Department’s team approach in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment.
- You are smart, creative, resourceful and pragmatic, with the ability to quickly identify, analyze and propose solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner, integrating applicable legal and business concerns.
- You can make a significant contribution to the Company and be a trusted and valued partner to the Department and your business clients.
Education and Prior Experience:
- You must possess a law degree from an accredited, well-regarded law school, with strong academic credentials and be in good standing to practice in the State of California.
- Your prior work experience will ideally include work at both law firms with a substantial emphasis on working with technology companies and in-house at a company with significant Internet-related business operations, providing counsel to sophisticated clients.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic, rapidly growing Company striving to improve the world’s memory while maintaining a start-up environment. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX in the US and offices in Zurich, Switzerland, Tokyo, Japan, Beijing, China and Moscow, Russia, and will soon have an office in Seoul, South Korea. At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation and productivity.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package, equity incentives and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is located within walking distance from the CalTrain station and we will soon be offering deluxe coach travel to and from San Francisco.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position