Redwood City, CA
Join us and create the future of digital handwriting. Penultimate is Evernote's tablet handwriting app, a best-selling iPad app of all time. We're now bringing Evernote's powerful note capture, recognition and syncing technology to the practicality and beauty of writing.
We need a broad-thinking, experienced designer at the intersection of HCI and mobile software to architect the cross-platform Penultimate UX. You'll join forces with an app and team that already have millions of happy users, work to design the long-term integration of handwriting into Evernote's service, and think about how handwriting should be best done with mobile devices. There are a range of interesting design and technology challenges in our team, and you'll be a part of Evernote's exciting growth.
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- You will own the Penultimate and writing UX across iPad and other platforms, working collaboratively with product managers and engineers.
- Innovate. Deliver mockups, specs and some production-ready assets, as well as being involved in the QA process.
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience designing best-in-class interfaces for desktop and/or mobile software. (Bonus for additional hardware/HCI background.)
- Fluency with interactive design principles, and propensity to sweat details and design for edge cases.
- Excellent visual and graphic design skills.
- Ability to see a project through from initial design to support of the engineering effort.
- Ability to achieve quality results on a tight deadline.
- Proficiency with the tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Love for (or at least respect for) the artistry and tradition of handwriting.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
Working at Evernote:
We are a professional team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and prefer a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our product team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Evernote offers a very competitive compensation package including generous equity in form of RSUs and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position