Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month. Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. About 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Our customer support department needs your help. We are looking for candidates who excel at providing fantastic (not just great) second level support for our diverse customer base.
You will be working closely with the first level support team and collaboratively with your second level team members. You pride yourself in thinking outside the box and can predict the questions that the customers have not asked yet so you can provide a full and complete solution first time and every time.
You will need to wear multiple hats as you could one minute be reviewing detailing logs to resolve issues, filling out detailed bugs, talking to the product team or suggesting solutions for the internal and external knowledgebase.
If you feel you fit these requirements then please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why we should hire you and what you can bring to the team.
- Supported Business to Consumer customers within a high contact support center
- At least 2 years working in a Technical Support Team that provided support to consumers
- At least 2 years working in a Technical Support Team where you have handled more technical and complex user requests
- Ideal applicants are existing Evernote users who use the product regularly
- You have provided resolutions and responses via email and chat channels
- You love helping people and find it rewarding to solve people’s problems. Then you love to proactively use that experience to make the whole service better.
- An interest in, knowledge and understanding of current and upcoming technology as it relates to cloud computing and social media.
- You like working hard and thrive on the excitement of a goal oriented team
- Knowledgeable about the Evernote products and able to learn the rest of the product line quickly.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in a human tone and customer friendly language
- Good understanding of at least two of the following operating systems: Windows, MAC, Android, IOS, Blackberry, Rim
- Strong interpersonal skills required to function both in a team environment and to build relationships with our valued customers
- Excellent general technical background with demonstrated sound problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, vocational school or equivalent experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creatively and proactively assist customers.
- Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests & product performance
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase customer retention and satisfaction
- Effectively articulate complex information to a variety of technical and non-technical users
- Take a complex solution and translate and communicate in a way that a non-tech savvy customer will understand
- Identify issues that are a bug, troubleshoot and provide detailed steps that will help the QA and Development Teams understand the issue for resolution
- Support is not a 9 to 5 job so you will need to be flexible and roll up your sleeves especially during major product releases.
- Keep all support queues low and maintain a steady support pace.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX. At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood CIty office is located within walking distance from the CalTrain station.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position