Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
We’ve developed software for Windows and Mac OS, iPhone, BlackBerry, the web, and other mobile phones and seek a Software QA Engineer to help us testing across these platforms.
- Test on different OS (Mac & OS) with a variety of browsers
- Create and execute tests web applications
- Review the logs on the server before sign off
- Perform billing testing with Paypal and Google checkout and credit cards
- Experience with common testing techniques in a web development environment, including black box, functional, system integration, smoke, load, performance, regression, etc.
- Experience using bug tracking software
- Experience testing large high traffic web site a plus
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Collaborate daily with the Development, and Product team to ensure that quality standards are met
- Use feedback from customer support to expand test scenarios
- Assist product team in resolving layout and formatting issues (e.g. design, user-flow experience)
- Research, identify, reproduce, isolate and report defects
- Verify resolved defects against all applicable environments
- Track and verify defects in Production with the help of Customer Advocates
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results on a daily basis
- Operate under minimal supervision.
- Provide comprehensive release assessments and quality sign-off.
- Strong understanding of various QA methodologies and SDLC
- Strong understanding of web specific technologies and challenges
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with multiple groups across disciplines
- Comfortable testing using both ad-hoc methods and documented test cases
- Desire to work both independently and within a team
- Perform all dimensions of testing including regression, functionality, system-level testing
- Minimum of 3 years software quality assurance testing as part of a formal QA test organization
- Ability to test the application across different OS (MAC and WIN)
- Ability to test on different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer )on different OS
- Experience writing/executing test plans and test cases
- Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritize on a minutes notice
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once; work in a focused, fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to automate via Selenium framework
- Willingness to help out for other functional areas QA department is responsible for
- Experience writing basic SQL Queries desired
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent experience of 5 years may be considered
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position