Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date. Join Evernote and help us build products you, your family and your friends will use and love!
Our Quality Engineering team is looking for an experienced Mobile Test Engineer with expert skills testing mobile apps on Android platform.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver Evernote’s mobile applications on Android platform.
- Devise overall test strategy, develop test plan and methodology, as well as make recommendations for appropriate testing tools.
- Design, develop and execute test cases, using automation as much as possible.
- Keeping up to date with new devices for Android.
- Create and execute tests for Android handheld devices.
- Construct testing environments simulate real world environments.
- Extract appropriate logs and gather diagnostic information for issues encountered during testing.
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change.
- Collaborate daily with the QA, Development, and Product team to ensure that quality standards are met
- Proven track record in testing on Android platform and in-depth knowledge of Android OS from testing perspective.
- Working knowledge of Java and other OO languages.
- Solid Android OS fundamentals.
- Experience with automation tools as well as load and stress tools is desirable.
- Familiarity with Agile software development release lifecycle, source code management and defect management methodologies.
- Demonstrate ability to complete highly detailed tasks with strict attention to detail, quality and timeliness.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 7+ Years hands-on QA experience, with the most recent experience in Android mobile environment
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent work experience
- We are looking for energetic self-starters with a desire to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to take ownership and run with new projects
- Ability to work in Agile / Scrum environment
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position