Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote products to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,200 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Evernote builds products and services that help people around the world remember all aspects of their lives.
About the Role:
Search is a vital part of the Evernote user experience. Place a memory into Evernote -- whether text, images, documents, handwriting or printed text within images, or anything else -- and you'll be able to find it whenever you want, wherever you are, and from any device. We're looking for talented senior engineers who are excited about taking Evernote search to the next level.
An ideal candidate will have a solid background in search, systems, and information retrieval. You are equally interested in improving relevance as you are in the underlying system architecture. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform -- this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done.
- Design, implement, and launch scalable search systems that operate over hundreds of millions of notes, web pages, and other types of content.
- Rapidly create prototypes, synthesize feedback, and develop a production quality release candidate.
- Work with server, mobile, and desktop engineers; machine learning specialists; designers; and other stakeholders to shape the product and optimize the end user experience.
- Develop unit tests and useful code documentation.
Requirements and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus.
- Proficiency in Java. (Proficiency in Python a plus.)
- Strong knowledge of Lucene and/or Solr.
- Experience with information retrieval and text mining.
- Good understanding of web technologies and Linux/Unix.
- Very comfortable with unit testing and rapid release cycles.
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools, and platforms.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX. At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood CIty office is located within walking distance from the CalTrain station.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position