Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Evernote is seeking an experienced Linux systems administrator to join the Operations team. This person will be involved in all aspects of running and scaling the service, including server platforms, operating systems, storage management, automation, and overall systems management.
- Involved in all aspects of building and maintaining the production infrastructure and services
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help drive the capacity planning process
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions
- Participation in on-call rotation
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience with medium- to large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems and applications including MySQL, Java, Apache
- Tools development experience in scripting and development of systems automation tools (using shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on detailed Linux experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. nagios, cacti, etc.)
- IP network experience: significant experience with switching/routing/security/slb
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Puppet/Chef/etc)
- Experience with big data systems, (e.g. Hadoop)
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position