Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are around 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 9,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,200 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
We are looking for a QA Engineer who will focus on our Windows products - especially Windows 8!
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver Evernote’s applications on Windows platform.
- Devise overall test strategy, develop test plan and methodology, as well as make recommendations for appropriate testing tools.
- Design, develop and execute test cases, using automation as much as possible.
- Collaborate daily with the QA, Development, and Product team to ensure that quality standards are met
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Collaborate daily with the Development, and Product team to ensure that quality standards are met
- Use feedback from customer support to expand test scenarios
- Assist product team in resolving layout and formatting issues (e.g. design, user-flow experience)
- Research, identify, reproduce, isolate and report defects
- Verify resolved defects against all applicable environments
- Track and verify defects in Production with the help of Customer Advocates
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results on a daily basis
- Provide comprehensive release assessments and quality sign-off.
- Proven track record in testing on Windows platform and in-depth knowledge of Windows OS from testing perspective.
- Minimum of 3 years software quality assurance testing as part of a formal QA test organization
- Ability to test the application across different OS (Windows primarily)
- Experience with common testing techniques including black box, functional, system integration, smoke, load, performance, regression, etc.
- Experience using bug tracking software
- Strong understanding of various QA methodologies and SDLC
- Perform all dimensions of testing including regression, functionality, system-level testing
- Experience writing/executing test plans and test cases
- Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritize on a minutes notice
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at once; work in a focused, fast-paced team environment
- Familiarity with Agile software development release lifecycle, source code management and defect management methodologies.
- Demonstrate ability to complete highly detailed tasks with strict attention to detail, quality and timeliness.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience writing basic SQL Queries desired
- 7+ Years hands-on QA experience, with the most recent experience on Windows platform
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent work experience
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position