Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be.
Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About the Role:
What if Evernote helped you decide what to make for dinner and automatically created a shopping list from those recipes you clipped? Or noticed that you were planning a trip and reminded you of the "Best Hotels in Paris" article you saved last year?
We have a long history of using machine learning for handwriting and printed character recognition, and now we're tackling a more ambitious challenge: using Evernote should make you smarter. We're looking for talented engineers with a machine learning background to apply cutting-edge data mining techniques to help people contextualize and understand their memories. Come work with a huge, one-of-a-kind data set and help millions of people organize and improve their lives.
- Design and develop scalable systems that apply data mining techniques to hundreds of millions of notes, web pages, and other types of content.
- Own the full machine learning system implementation process: prototyping, assembling training data, model design, feature selection, system implementation, and evaluation.
- Understand the Evernote user experience and product line, and adapt machine learning techniques for a variety of server-side, mobile, and desktop environments.
Requirements and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field. M.S. or Ph.D. a plus.
- Experience with natural language processing, classification, regression, collaborative filtering, or clustering techniques applied to large data sets.
- Proficiency in Java or Python for implementing data and text mining techniques.
- Experience with Weka, Orange, NLTK, or other common data mining toolkits.
- Experience with Hadoop or Lucene a plus.
- Good understanding of web technologies and Linux/Unix.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position