Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Human Resource Leader
Our goal is to make Evernote the best company to work at and we need your help!
Reporting to the VP of HR and Administration, this is a critical role where you will be a tactical team member on all human resources matters.
The HR Manager will partner with functional teams to build out their organization and ensure everyone works towards the common goals, regardless of resource and time constraints. The HR Manager will also serve as a coach and adviser to the executive team as well as a peer and friend to the employee base. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to benefits administration, compensation analysis, recruiting/PR events, performance management, talent planning, organizational development and most importantly, building a high performance yet fun team culture.
- Develop the HR strategy and align it to support overall business plan
- Develop and structure the organization to grow and adapt to the projected growth
- Direct the compensation and performance processes to competitively attract, reward, and retain employees
- Oversee talent acquisition, new hire orientations, terminations, and open enrollment initiatives
- Automate existing processes.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal and statement employment laws and practices
- Consult with department heads for planning and reporting functionality
- Performs other duties as required
Requirements and Skills:
- 7-10 years experience in HR ideally with time spent as a generalist as well as roles in other HR disciplines
- Experience building the HR function or leading HR at a start-up company is a requirement
- Experience with Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management
- Experience with HR Reporting tools.
- Ability to manage projects from inception through to implementation
- Proficient Mac skills and Advanced Excel Skills.
- Proven ability to work with executive management and partner up to represent the HR Dept.
- High energy, great people skills, honesty and integrity, and a sense of humor
- Experience in a consumer software, digital media, technology or creative company
- Bachelors Degree ideally in Business, Human Resources or Psychology
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position