Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Evernote builds products and services that help people around the world remember all aspects of their lives. One of our goals is to make sure that we're helping our users get the most out of our products. To help us achieve this goal, Evernote is looking for an exceptional, analytical thinker to develop, manage and execute a wide variety of data analysis projects.
You will report directly to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop retention and re-engagement marketing campaigns
- Manage international email marketing
- Evaluate effectiveness of advertising initiatives
- Analyze information from multiple data sources to understand product usage
- Design, implement and analyze results from tests to optimize marketing campaigns, and document lessons learned
- Create and analyze results of periodic user surveys
- Develop strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Bachelors or masters degree in an analytical discipline (Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Business, etc.)
- 3+ years analytical experience working in marketing, advertising, market research or equivalent
- 1+ year hands-on experience in email marketing; understanding of email marketing concepts such as deliverability, compliance, triggered emails
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets
- Experience with MySQL and relational databases
- Good understanding of statistics and experience running statistical tests; knowledge of statistical tools such as R, a plus
- Experience with online marketing tools including Google Analytics (web analytics), Zoomerang (survey creation), Interspire (email marketing), Google AdWords (search engine advertising), Google Webmaster Tools (search engine optimization) or equivalent
- Experience developing A/B and/or multivariate tests in a marketing context
- Experience creating quantitative surveys and analyzing results, especially Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Modeling experience a plus
- Mastery of Excel
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to approach loosely-defined questions creatively and use metrics to answer them
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and analyses
- Excellent writing skills
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position