Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- Chinese version of dev.evernote.com. This will be initially a translation task, later may involve creating new documentation and sample code specific to China
Developer support including:
- API key activation on the production biji service, creation and ownership of a developer forum (e.g.http://discussion.evernote.com/forum/61-evernote-for-developers/)
- Answering programming questions about the API
- Common languages are Obj-C / iOS, Java / Android, Ruby, PHP, C
Developer outreach & evangelism:
- Organize and support hackathons and similar events
- Help and developers create and refine ideas for good integrations
- Help partners and developers understand the functionality of the Evernote service & Evernote applications
- Support for business development & major partner integrations
- Certification of applications that developers submit for inclusion in the Chinese Trunk
- Maintenance of the Trunk web application
- Coordination of Trunk promotions with Chinese marketing
- Coordinate with Mountain View on API updates
- Coordinate with operations on API usage & abuse
- Basic familiarity with multiple programming languages (e.g. Obj-C, Java, C, C++, PHP, Ruby)
- Expert at at least one or two of the above programming languages
- Quickly adopts new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Comfortable speaking publicly
Ideal candidate will also be able to:
- Perform basic market analysis of key platforms & apps in China - marketshare, price, general popularity, usage, etc
- Understand the basic technologies of apps like http, databases, synchronization and use this to analyze problems to guide developers to solutions (e.g. why doesn't X work in China)
- Perform basic usability testing of new design ideas for China-specific audiences and translate this to new product requirements
- Write detailed technical specifications of China-specific products and integrations
- Clearly communicate and present solutions to engineering and executives
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a competitive compensation package and customary benefits.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position