Redwood City, CA
Join us and build the future of digital handwriting. Penultimate is Evernote's tablet handwriting app, and we're blending the practicality and beauty of writing with Evernote's powerful note capture, recognition and syncing technology.
We need an excellent mobile developer to build Penultimate for users of all the many great Android tablets. You'll tackle a range of interesting technology and design challenges in our team, and be a part of Evernote's exciting growth.
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- Own an entire implementation process from design to release incorporating feedback from a range of stakeholders (designers, marketing, business development, and support).
- Provide feasibility assessments and accurate estimates for project implementations.
- Work equally effectively when refining fine details optimizing a user's experience and architecting scalable reliable systems.
- Rapidly create prototypes, use feedback and develop a production quality release candidate.
- Create useful written source documentation as appropriate and reports including project status.
Requirements and Skills:
- Skilled Java engineer. Ideally with a proven Android track record.
- Experience both starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture.
- Experience with consumer mobile, web application, or game development.
- An interest in, and careful eye for, highest-quality user interfaces and interactions.
- Experience with performance 2D graphics is a plus. OpenGL skills are an even bigger plus.
- Very comfortable with rapid release cycles.
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools and platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX. (This position is based in Redwood City.)
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and prefer a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Evernote offers a very competitive compensation package including generous equity in form of RSUs and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position