Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About The Role:
Millions of people use Evernote to manage every aspect of their work and their life. Evernote's ecosystem includes a number of products for capturing, communicating, and interacting with information, as well as a growing group of partners and third-party services built on the Evernote API that let our users get even more out of their Evernote accounts. Our content team is focused on educating and inspiring users through product how-tos, user stories, and guides to help you do everything from planning a vacation to doing your taxes.
Our content team is growing and we're excited to add a business-focused writer to our team.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Content Strategy.
- Understand and internalize the Evernote voice
- Establish the business voice of Evernote
- Head up the creation and development of Evernote's business-focused blog
- Be able to clearly and succinctly explain Evernote's technology and features to a broader audience
- Support business marketing by creating relevant and engaging content related to Evernote's business use cases
- Write and edit business-related topics inside Evernote products and clients
- Create new and engaging content to tap into business-minded Evernote users, small and large business owners, and professionals interested in incorporating Evernote into their work.
Requirements and Skills:
- 3+ years in a writing field related to technology and startups
- Amazing writing skills, and the ability to switch between instructional in-product and casual, blog-friendly writing styles
- Ability to speak to a business-minded audience
- Active and engaged in social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- Hyper aware of business trends and able to quickly incorporate current events and happenings into the Evernote blog
- Comfortable with technology writing as it relates to product documentation, manuals and guides
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position