Redwood City, CA
Developer Relations / Platform
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- Design and develop mobile SDK components to simplify the process of integrating the Evernote web service API into third party applications. Components should comply with platform design patterns and best practices, and be delivered in standard platform packaging (e.g. Android Library Projects).
- Incorporate feedback from internal and external parties to continuously improve the SDK, taking into account platform updates and new technologies.
- Develop unit tests for SDK components.
- Develop sample code and documentation to assist third party developers in using the Evernote API and SDK.
- Support third party developers who are using the SDK. Provide guidance and answer questions online (e.g. discussion.evernote.com, stackoverflow.com) and in person (e.g. hackathons, conferences).
- As part of the developer relations team, seek opportunities evangelize the Evernote platform and SDK to developers.
Requirements and skills:
- Skilled Android engineer with experience developing mobile applications and incorporating third party libraries into these applications.
- Strong computer science background.
- Experience starting projects from scratch and jumping in to an existing architecture.
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools and platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, comfortable speaking in public.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position