Redwood City, CA
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
- Design, implement, unit test, debug minor features for our Web based applications
- Investigate, fix, debug, and unit test software defects
- Career Development Path: The junior level Web Application Engineer position may be a stepping stone to Senior Software Engineer developing major features. Can obtain experience in both server side and mobile technologies.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and or C/C++)
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred.
- Higher degree or working towards a graduate degree is a plus
- 0 - 2 years experience with object-oriented design and coding, to include academic experience and/or internships.
- Strong command of English language and the ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Software Development Life Cycle process proficiency
- Source code control proficiency
- Completed Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position