Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Prototype, develop, unit test, and debug a Win32 desktop GUI application for use on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Develop new C++ components and integrate existing components to provide a user experience consistent with Evernote’s range of products.
Will obtain experience in desktop, server side, and mobile software technologies.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid experience developing desktop GUI applications on Win32 using C++
- Experience developing pixel-perfect user interfaces using elegantly designed custom controls and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Advanced C++ programming techniques including OO design patterns
- Asynchronous programming patterns for multi-threaded applications, included networking
- Comfortable working in an Agile/SCRUM development process
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate technical designs and solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly. Able to research technical challenges and find solutions independently
- Experience with professional software development tools including source code control systems (SVN), continuous integration, and automated testing
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or 5+ years relevant work experience. MS or PhD a plus.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience using Qt
- Experience with C++0x / C++11
- Solid experience with STL
- Solid understanding of 2D graphics using GDI
- Experienced devising elegant solutions to platform compatibility issues
- Experienced developing localized applications
Solid background in the development of consumer interfaces
Software Development Life Cycle process proficiency
- Experience working in JIRA or similar issue/bug tracking systems
- Experience with touch and tablet devices
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). Our break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Austin office is located just north of the 360 bridge overlooking Lake Austin.
Evernote allows you to easily capture information using your computer, cellphone or camera, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.
Apply for this position